Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Confirm it!

So it's been a while since I have written about any like sweet miraculous stuff that has happened in my life. The reason for that is because there really haven't been any for a while. That changed this past sunday.
Let me tell you a little back story before I really get into the new story. For the past month or so I have really been feeling like I am getting very close to turn another corner in my walk with Christ. The main reasons that I feel that way are a) It's in my spirit and b) I haven't really felt this directionless since my first freshman year of college back at the tech school. The results of that period were my first filling of the Spirit and after about 6 - 8 months being amazed at where God had taken me in my walk.
Well I have been in a very similar place of directionlessness for the past month. Partly because I was trying to fight God on what to do and partly because I just wasn't sure what to do.
Well that brings us to this past sunday. A former Bethany student named Colby, who I know a little bit, was sitting in front of me at service. During the praise set he came and sat by me and said he had a word from God for me.
Let me preface the next section by saying that everything he said confirmed something that I had been told at one time or another by other people. That's one of the main principles of true prophecy and yeah it still happens if we listen to God!
He started by telling me that I have a leaders heart but had come to school with baggage and labels that I felt I needed to live up to. But that now as he looked into my eyes he didn't see any of that stuff, but rather saw strength and compassion.
He proceeded to tell me that through events that would go on this summer I would be radically transformed. Transformed to a point where when my classmates return they would be able to see it. That I would no longer shy away from exhorting people in the truth that I know and wouldn't be afraid to stand against things that are wrong. I have done it at random times through out this past year but also missed opportunities and did it from a wrong motivation sometimes.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it, though I don't know what "it" is that will bring about this transformation. I will be sure to write about it when it does happen though!

Well that's just the latest instance of God speaking to me. It's too bad that so many people in the church don't listen or allow Him to speak for the sake of their own beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment