Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Live & Learn & Then Keep Living

To continue what I imagine may be a theme of semi-nostalgic posts during my last few weeks of the year I'm going to try to process and verbalize what I have learned this year.
I kind of wanted to find a quote that would relate to my view point on it.
There were a bunch that stuck out, but I can't really put my finger on one, so I'm just going include them all.
"No regrets just, lessons learned..."
"Life is full of lessons, sadly ive learned a lot the hard way."
"From lessons learned comes better life."
There were more, but really that would be over kill so I'm just going to move on into the main point of my post.
The catalyst of my education comes from a relationship that God has made it very clear to me that I am supposed to participate in. It's been one of the toughest parts of being in school this year just because of so many conversations that have gone on and mistakes that have been made. Unfortunately, sort of, an ideology that I hold to was once again confirmed and will likely be confirmed again in the future, probably many times.
The ideology goes like this, "through pressure and time a piece of coal is transformed into a diamond. Through heat things which are solid and immovable can be easily shaped." Well there is no pressure like that which God can put on people, especially when they are obedient to Him. And obviously time isn't an issue whatsoever for Him. Fire is a way that God represents Himself through the scriptures (think burning bush, wandering in the desert and Pentecost.)
Well combining those elements has caused one over arching result. That I've become a heck of a lot more flexible. It was a process that was happening slowly anyway, but it's like something triggered an accelerant to speed it up. Now instead of just sticking to my way with a take no prisoners attitude I hear what people say and gotten really good at implementing changes.
The significance of the suggestion has a direct link the implementation but pretty much it happens. I'm still as stubborn as I've always been but now more then ever I take suggestions and benefit from the input of others. Lessons learned the hard way.
Well I'm going to keep living but do wonder how this training will continue to be refined and utilized. Oh well, I don't know the future so I'm not going to worry about it.
I'll probably have another reflective post sometime next week, depends what gets stirred up between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment