Thursday, April 2, 2015

Completion



Good Evening


Earlier I was at Canvas and the speaker was talking about Romans 8: 31-39. Well, as often happens when I write, I was specifically inspired by the message. I'll get into the specifics after the jump.



"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long; 
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” 

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."


What I found to be inspirational is the simple fact that God takes care of us. Revolutionary right? Not really a new thing for me to hear but a specific implication increased the impact of it for me tonight. That what is started by God, will be completed by Him, regardless of obstacles. He completes the work that He starts.


Philippians 1:6 "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."


I don't really know what the day of Jesus Christ is, though I think it's the second coming. Any way that's off topic. He completes the work that He starts. For me right now that's really good news!


I'm trying to complete my degree through Bethany and despite there being many hiccups during the process the promise that God completes the work that He starts is fantastic to me, for that!


Also, and of more immediate application, I'm just beginning to endeavor to establish a new men's group network. It's completely out of my comfort zone. Being around people, doing something that is dependent upon others for success. Nope, that's not how I like it to be which is kind of why I'm doing it. I had this idea years ago and it's kind of just come back recently. I have no idea what the completed work of it WILL be. I have an idea of what it COULD be but that's dependent on the decisions of basically every guy that I try to connect with about it. I credit God with the inspiration of the idea and pushing me to endeavor to complete it even though completion is by Him. So the promise is that God will complete what He started. And for me, for right now, that's just the best possible things to be reminded of!

No comments:

Post a Comment