Monday, May 25, 2015

A great hope

I heard this song a few weeks ago at the end of a movie and have been hearing it on the radio repeatedly since then. As modern, popular songs go it's pretty good and has message worth considering.
I've got the song and my consideration of it, after the jump.

With the exception of those who choose to ignore plain facts, all across the world people hope for some sort of eternity. A paradise. Heaven. Reincarnation. There's a logic to it of course, to want to see lost loved ones again.
As much as people want to try to make everything equal, one destination for all regardless of all factors, things are not equal.
John 14:6 "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.'"
People don't want to believe it because it's discriminatory, it's tough and we're in age with increasingly soft, sensitive ears.
It's not easy to confront people with truths, to disagree about ideas that can be tough to prove. I'm a Christian. I know the Bible is true. I trust what it says and endeavor to follow the precepts, even though it's really tough.
To let people live and die believing lies should be tougher then confronting them with them what they don't want to hear and refuse to believe. It's a sad fact that much the opposite is often true, with me as well.
It's a pretty good song and an important thing to think about but the great Hope is Jesus. Only. All there other ways just lead to separation from Him and pain, misery. We should love people enough to try to not let it happen. Jesus is the Way to eternity, the Way to Hope, the Way to Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment