Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mashup 1.0

So as the title says, this post is going to be a mash up of a few different things that have really stood out to me in the last couple of days. 1.0 just because I haven't done one covering multiple topics, I don't think. If I'm wrong well then I'd change it, but until then I'm going to go with the 1.0

:-D

JUMP!
So the first thing I'm going to hit on is a semi-near-death experience. I had to go to the metro last night. I got down there alright and got the ball rolling on an issue I'm trying to get resolved but on the way back it was pretty terrible. My car doesn't really have a heater and once the sun went down everything went real bad. Over the last 80 miles of the trip I was doing everything I could to keep feeling in my hands and legs but as time and cold progressed the numbness and pain of cold continued to creep through my limbs. I seriously can't imagine being homeless when it gets like this! End of side note. But seriously it was stress at the end of a stressful day. Obviously I got back ok but I wouldn't want to deal with that again

Secondly and actually more importantly I've heard a couple things in the last 24 hours that are troubling to me. Nothing exactly new that I haven't heard before, but just troubling nonetheless.
Last night on the radio the talk show host was talking about religion based hate crimes. How three muslims were shot in Chapel Hill NC by an atheist. As of last night there hasn't been any conclusion on that, but at the same time the host of the radio show started talking about Muslims and Christians and Buddhist are basically all the same,  radical and wrong. Not really a new statement by a secularist but troubling.
Then last night I was watching a comedy show on Netflix by one of my favorite humorists, Nick Offerman. Well about 20 minutes in he started talking about the Bible. He started out by saying Jesus said something in Leviticus, which is kind of true because of the truth of the Trinity, but that should have been the first warning that things were about to get very incorrect. He picked out a single verse about cleanliness and began to expound upon it but either ignored or didn't know that the whole book is about the standards of the Priests of God. Also, probably not a new things to be said but troubling again.
Lastly, this morning when I checked out my Facebook I noticed that an American pastor was trending so I looked at what he is trending for. The headline was "Rob Bell: pastor says Christianity will soon support same-sex marriage." At that point I got on here and started writing. 3 strikes and you're out kind of thing. Well that's just flat wrong! Some "christians" may accept, approve of and encourage the debauchery but real Christians follow what the Bible says. Yes, we make mistakes, A LOT and we are all condemned for those mistakes at various times but thankfully God is gracious to forgive us! But to be a Christian you need to follow what the Bible says. Cannot ignore parts that go against what the culture and certain groups are trying to force feed. Any who do not follow what the Bible says are not Christians.
To say that breaks my heart because a lot of my closest friends frequently engage in acts that fly in contradiction to what the Bible says. Drunkenness and sex have become no big deal to so many that I am around and call friend. I pray for them, try to be around them and be a different example but we all make choices in this life. I've made plenty of bad ones. and while I'm fixating on a few things right now, sin is sin. When we sin it creates separation from God. Lying, stealing, drunkenness, orgies.

Sin.

Galatians 5:19 - 21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21 envy,[d] drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But a couple of verses before that.

16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

Christians follow the Spirit. I'm a Christian. The Bible is my foundation. Seeing it misunderstood, and misinterpreted breaks my heart. It's not new but it's tragic.

So to recap

1. Driving in the middle of winter without a heater is not advised! :-D
2. Truth is twisted and ignored for the devices of sinful men who don't want to know the truth but do want to discredit it.

so I guess it's a mini mash up but I was inspired to go with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment