Thursday, April 11, 2013

Where do you stand??

I've been wanting to write this for a few weeks but couldn't figure out how to start. Without a start I couldn't really write it because it's a flow, like a speech. Then today my introduction hit me.
A lot of people use science as a way to discredit Christianity & disprove God. It's interesting to me because science is such an inexact/inconclusive method of knowledge acquirement.
Where as God is the Truth. He is the rock for our lives. The Bible is the record of His interaction with & love for us. He is solid, anything else is like quicksand.

Typically I don't do much research in preparation for my writing but it seems appropriate that I find a widely agreed up definition for science.

1.
a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts ortruths systematically arranged and showing the operation ofgeneral laws: the mathematical sciences.
2.
systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gainedthrough observation and experimentation.

There is also the scientific method to come to a conclusion.
A metho of research in which a problem is identified, relevant dataare gathered, a hypothesis is formulated from these data, and thehypothesis is empirically tested.

As I looked more into it the diagrams that I found, they give the impression that the method ends in a conclusion based off of the facts but doesn't definitively prove anything. I don't dispute that God can't be concretely proven but it's interesting that other things which have as little legit proof are considered rock solid, evolution being a prime example of that.
Science doesn't prove anything yet it is so highly regarded as a discreditor for God. Its a sad deal because science can do such a great job of helping us understand the world around us. God works within the systems that He created & science is a major tool in correctly viewing those systems. So it actually comes down to how the data is interpreted by the researchers.

The reason I wanted to right this was because it got real to me that people actually believe this. That God doesn't exist & that science is the answer. It's so hard for me to understand that the scientific system is used that way. 50 - 100 years from now, if America is still standing as a nation, things will be different I predict.
God is the only truth. Science can be a great tool in understanding His creation, understanding so much of what He has done for us but it's a complimentary tool for Him. He stands as the same from the beginning of time. Science is so limited in what it can prove & the so many have such a strong bias that the results of their testing can't even speak. Anyway, I'm kind of rambling...

If there wasn't something personal related to this for me I wouldn't really care. But when it comes down to it my motivation is that it burns me that this system is used to disprove God. People want to disprove God's existence so they can live how ever they want. They want to sin. It's sick, its sad! The earth screams of the existence of God but people are so bent on living their own way that anything that allow that to happen will be used

I'm praying that all the evidences of God's existence would be seen accurately. That all those people who are throwing away their lives on poor living would know the truth, would know God & stop sinning. A life of sin has one result, an eternity of flames. God wants each person to know Him & it must break His heart that they are working so hard to ignore Him.

Where do you stand? On the Rock or in quicksand?

1 comment: