Monday, October 10, 2011

definition of submission

noun
the action or fact of accepting or yielding to a superior force or to the will or authority of another person they were forced into submission.
• Wrestling an act of surrendering to a hold by one's opponent.
• archaic humility; meekness servile flattery and submission.
So to say that I have always had a rebellious streak in me is an understatement. There are probably subconscious reasons behind it, but for the most part I just enjoyed it. Skirting, bending and breaking the rules that were over me, it's addicting, just figuring out how to do it and not get caught. I became very good at it too.
Well none of that flies with God's protocol. He calls for us to be humble, meek, submissive. I've struggled with that quite a bit, submitting. It's mostly a pride issue and when you add in my stubbornness it's a nasty mix. Well that was a significant theme for me this past summer, surrendering, submitting the things in my life that were holding me back and for reasons I still don't understand, it was easy to do.
Well God has really been taking me through the sander lately. Doing a lot of fine shaping the areas there a lot of that crap was taken off before.
Examples; I can walk by a Redbox and not even think about checking out what movies it has. I can have a really bad day and not drink in response. I can have a large chunk of time free and not watch one of the movies I've bought - that's what sparked this post.
I'm laying on my bed and wouldn't mind watching a movie. So what that I haven't in a few months and probably won't for a few more months, I've got time and I want to, well the Spirit said no so I didn't and I won't. 6 months ago, safe to say that I wouldn't have listened.
It really boggles my mind that I am where I am right now. There is a lot of work left to do in me, but God is faithful to do it. I may still throw a fit sometimes when I don't like the timing or what's being said and done. Somehow, through God's work I can actually say that I am submitted, wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment