Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Resolution

I don't feel comfortable drawing a line between hope and resolution as if choosing to hope, or not, determines how things go, because that would put me on the thrown meant only for the uncreated one.  But I can't help to think that choosing to hope in difficult situations can make things happen at a more rapid pace.
Choose hope ---> think clearly----> make good choices. Trust God for the rest.
Well, as quickly as things seemed to be going out of control, there seems to already be some return to equilibrium.
I'll explain more after the jump, as usual!
I'm on the verge of starting a new job within 2 weeks of looking for a new one. It all happened quick, but it's good since it was a few weeks ago that I realized that I was pretty well done with the kid care gig.
So my employment situation got resolved in rapid fashion and hopefully it's a good fit so it can last at least another 2 years.
On the flip side, my situation with Bethany has been protracted over many more years then it should have but things happen and the current situation is what it is. In any case, l'm closer then ever to seeing my time with that organization come to a close. It's pending final approval but I am trying to join a team bound for Paraguay in July. I wish it could be sooner but having the side benefit of it being a step to completion of one my life goals (going to the 5 other main continents) I'm willing to wait. When things are more concrete and I have a lot more details I'll do a write up on it but for now it still qualifies as something nearing resolution.
So through persistence, or with hope things do reach resolution. It may happen in weeks or it may take half a decade or longer but things get resolved and when it happens, WHEN, it's really nice!
Instead of getting mad or depressed about how things go, embrace the challenges; enjoy the time and make the most of life as it happens. Everything that happens will have a resolution.
2/10 addition
It's important to note that some resolution looks drastically different then we expect. Coming out of high school I thought I knew how some parts of my life would go, then I went through the route of school that I did.
Over the years I've known 2 women who over time I loved. In both situations things ended in dramatic fashion and to my temporary detriment. For a long time I thought I was going to have a family, and I wanted one but now I think it has come to an opposite resolution.
I've mostly recovered from the way things ended with the last one, it's been enough years after all but with the last few women that I've considered as viable options, for lack of better terminology, I've come to realize that it's just not worth it. I'm not going to get into specifics about it but the resolution that seems to have come to that part of my life is drastically different then what I expected years ago but just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad. To the contrary, I think it's better that resolution happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment