Sunday, November 22, 2015

Smoke & Fire

I had the thought to write this one on Friday or Saturday but then I ended up working from Friday afternoon till this morning so I didn't get a chance. I might be a little too tired to write and have everything make sense, but I'm going to give it a go before I forget, or get swept up in the next week and the topic becomes irrelevant.
But, before I continue, a little music.

When I got to the gym on Friday morning I glanced at the tv and saw coverage about another terrorist attack going on. This time a hostage situation. I felt, felt overwhelmed by it. That the world just keeps spinning out of control...keeps going crazy. I put that aside for as long as I could but even the distraction of music and weight machines couldn't keep it out of mind for long.
A few days before I heard a statement that "the world unites in thoughts and prayers for Paris." My mind immediately went to the notion of a world wide government. New York, Paris, London, Africa. A few cities and areas that are globally significant that have been struck by terrorism in the last decade+. If it continues, and I'm thinking that it will, it may force the world to unite to battle Isis...Islam. The notion of a one world government isn't explicitly stated but is seemingly detailed in Revelation with some crossover with Daniel.
And as the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire. I think that the smoke is blinding people who hate God and refuse to pay attention to the Bible. If true, it will likely continue to be that way until the fire is raging to an undeniable level.
What I was reminded of and what I think the song is pointing to, is that no matter how crazy the world gets. No matter how out of control everything seems to be. No matter how much blindness and hatred there is, God is in control.
He holds us. Knows us.
Whether He causes bad things to happen or allows them to happen or something different than that, I don't know and don't want to discuss too much, but He is in control. That much has always been true. That much will always be true.
Things will get crazier.
More people will die.
I don't say that flippantly. It breaks my heart. But it's true and truth needs to be spoken, however sad or uncomfortable it may be.
I sincerely hope that more Christians see through the smoke. See what's happening and act immediately, and with an increasing amount of fervor. Pray. Speak. Live. Don't be afraid, be bold. For in the war that we are in, in the war - this fire - that is raging, we need to have the mentality of soldiers. Willing to fight the battles that come. Willing to defend the Kingdom against the darkness. See through the smoke and do whatever it takes, within the constraints of the Bible.
I feel like I'm starting to ramble and that's always when I stop, but I hope it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment