Saturday, January 3, 2015

Reaction, being blind

I originally started this a few weeks ago but time got away from me with the holidays so this isn't extremely current but I'm still going to go with it!

It's been quite a while since I cracked open the old macbook to spout my thoughts on here. A main reason why I had such a prolonged absence was that I was without a computer for several months, since like may, actually. I probably could have used public use computers but I didn't have much that I wanted to say over that time either. I'm not saying that I'm back to writing often, but for at least one more night I have somethings to say, so check it out!
In this post I'll be focused on two recent things that I see a connection between but are still quite dissimilar.
The first is about the notion and reality of the wolves in sheep clothing.
The other is...

So I'll start with the wolves. In Matthew 7:15 Jesus gives a clear warning to His followers,  “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves." What got me thinking about it was that the other night I was briefly watching survivor and there was mention of homosexual christians.  My reaction was typical, that I disregarded them as followers because, well they aren't following what the Bible says. But a new thought also came to my mind, what if these wolves who are part of the destruction of the Church don't know that they are in error.
I would never use or approve of that as an excuse but it was a new thought and for was quite sobering. I think we can all agree that we are all trying to live the best lives possible, though from vastly varying world views yet that's an absolute. In my experience that people who claim Jesus yet refuse to follow the Bible often don't listen to absolute statements.
So it's a simple and easy thing to bring up a topic such as this and yet not flush it out more but it's hopefully thought and discussion provoking.
Before I transition to the second part I feel the need to make certain things as clear as possible. We all have blind spots in our lives, to sins or to flaws of a less eternal nature we do all have them.
We all sin. Some more unapologetically but all have fallen short in that way at some point in life. I'm not about saying that homosexuality is a more perverse sin then say lying or breaking the law by driving over the speed limit, it's just more easy to attack for the religious and the ardently Christian. Ultimately, we need to stand strong on the Word of God as these wolves, whether by cunning and guile or by naivety are storming at us with contradictions to the Word.
Now onto the next point!
Not long after thinking about those things I heard news of a tragedy in Australia. That something like 8 children had been killed in a shooting spree. That is a tragedy, let me make that perfectly clear. Yet it's sad irony that such an incident was news yet the genocide of youth has become a non-issue for many people and news outlets. People can argue that one is a persons choice and the other is murder, yet its one persons choice to murder another. When we get down the slippery slope of defining right and wrong there will always be faults in the logic. Yet another thing that people are blind to.
Hadn't realized it over the last few weeks of pondering this but yeah, I guess this is about people being blind. That's my reaction. who knew! Haha
It's sad though. I don't know how to change it or make a difference in it. Maybe I can't. God can. Jesus wants to. To open the eyes of the blind. He did it while on earth and is still doing it today. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment