Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Stage 1 - ✔

Good morning

I'm writing to you today from the Miami International Airport. The possibilities for communication once I get on the airplane in 2 hours are a firm unknown but I wanted to take this opportunity to get some words out there.

I'm guessing that if you're reading this, you're also one of the people that has supported my long journey to this point. For that I thank you! If you have supported me financially then I would ask you to also pray for us. I've been with the team for less then 12 hours but it's gone smoothly to this point and I want it to continue to be that way. So pray for us, please!

There isn't a lot to say about the trip yet, because it's barely begun. Late in the flight last night I got a sudden onset nausea which I hope doesn't reoccur during either of the legs of today's flight. Once I landed I hoofed it to the baggage claim area and even though I wasn't the first off the plane, I was one of the first to the area and fortunately had one of the first bags onto the conveyor, after a long wait for the bags to come.

When I got to the hotel we had a meeting. Just kind of an ice breaker and important information time. After that, the 12 of us dispersed to our various hotel rooms. I was with the two other guys. I thought I might be getting the better end of it because the other two are friends and crashed in the other bed, leaving me the other. But one of the guys was a snorer the likes of which I can't remember ever hearing so sleep didn't last long after it came. So I'm starting to feel the drag a little bit but flying is pretty non taxing so I'll be fine for today. Hopefully tonight's rest is a little more fruitful.

It's still early but things have come together as well I thought they might - maybe even better. I'm not sure I can make the determination right now but maybe with a fresher mind I could say so.

In any case, I hope that I'll have at least a couple chances to share about the trip while still down South but if not, I'd just ask once again to think of us and pray for us. For health. For safety. For unity. Anything that the Lord brings to your mind!

Thank you!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment